The City of the Gold Coast will be hosting a number of digital enterprise workshops over the coming months teaching people how to survive and prosper in the digital age.
The Digital Enterprise Program is an Australian Government initiative helping to improve the way organisations do business and deliver services online.
The City of Gold Coast has successfully applied for funding from the federal government to run the program locally with Enterprise and Training Company (ETC) and Gravelroad.
Group workshops and one-on-one mentoring are now available to Gold Coast businesses and not-for-profit organisations.
The program consists of a series of funded group workshops and four hours of onsite face-to-face mentoring (to eligible attendees).
The mentoring is specifically tailored to each business’ online needs.
The places are limited so register today here a www.businessgc.com.au/dep - free group training workshops include:
Benefits and opportunities of the Digital Economy
• How will high-speed broadband benefit me and my business/organisation?
• What is the digital economy?
• What is cloud computing?
• Web hosting
• Online marketing strategy
• Website design and development
• Social media
• Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Cloud and Cloud Applications
• Cloud services
• Cloud applications (Finance, CRM, Job Management, etc)
• Costs and benefits (SaaS vs Onsite)
• Cyber security
Teleworking and Mobility / Online Communications
• VoIP (costs and benefits)
• Video communications
• Agile workforce
• 3G, 4G, Wi-Fi
• Utilising cloud applications
Cyber Security and Data Management
Ensure your online data is safe.
• Passwords and password vaults
• Virus protection
• Spyware and malware protection
• Systems updates
• Cloud data storage vs Onsite storage